If I could just say a few words… I’d be a better public speaker.
A collection of interesting words in English.
- The part of an animal’s back that it cannot reach to scratch itself.
- A polygon having an infinite number of sides and vertices.
- A worn-out joke or subject.
- Having ribs or the appearance of ribs. (
virgular quinquecostate ogham writing– James Joyce, Ulysses)
- A narrow inlet of the sea; an estuary. (
I picnic in virgin firths– Eunoia)
- Sooty, dusty.
- (Australian English) A rumour, or an erroneous or improbable story.
- A fine detailing added to the surface of an object to make it appear more complex and visually interesting.
- Completely clear and transparent. (
Kingbirds flit in gliding flight, skimming limpid springs– Eunoia)
- (Of music) Clear and accessible or melodious.
- Something shaped like a crescent or half-moon, especially the pale area at the base of the fingernail.
- Victorian slang: got the morbs. Temporary melancholia. (Abstract noun coined from morbid.)
- The closest point in an orbit around the Moon. (See apsides.)
- Sleepy, drowsy. (
the passengers seemed subdued to the point of somnolence– Alastair Reynolds, Chasm City)